Achievements – Rehabilitation of Sex Workers | Eradicate Prostitution
- On 25th January 2010, i.e. the occasion of the birthday congregation of second preceptor of Dera Sacha Sauda, Saint Param Pita Shah Satnam Singh Ji Maharaj; Saint Dr. Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan solemnized marriages of 17 emancipated- sex workers with those Dera volunteers, who themselves have initiated and vowed to eradicate forced prostitution in the society. They have been named as “Bhakt Yodhas” (Warrior devotees)by Guru Ji himself.
- The marriages were solemnized in front of millions of devotees from all over the world gathered at Dera Sacha Sauda, Sirsa in Haryana to cheer and be witness of this history in making. Guru ji designated these women as “Shubh Devi” (Angels of Luck), and moreover gave them the honour of being his daughters.
- Expressing their happiness the families of “Bhakt Yodhas” donated Rs 3.33 lakhs for Shah Satnam Ji Green ‘S’ Welfare Force fund and also pledged to donate their eyes and body after their death. Guru ji showered eternal blessings and Rs 25,000 to each newly wedded couple to start their life with a fresh beginning.
- Furthermore, Guruji’s family members also honoured the five pairs with a check of Rs 1.25 lakh. 7 pair of suits, shoes and warm clothes etc. were given to “Bhakt Yodhas” and 25 ladies suits, lehenga, warm cloths etc. were given to each ‘Shubh Devis’.
- Following Guru Ji’s teachings and guidance, around 1500 young Dera volunteers i.e“Bhakt Yodhas” (Warrior devotees) have publicly announced their will to marry ex-sex workers till date.
- Over 278 families have come forward to accept them as sister / daughter.
- 57 families have expressed their intentions to adopt previously born children of rehabilitated sex workers.